Grab your helmet, fill up your water bottle, and prepare yourself for
the best paved and dirt rides in the San Francisco Bay Area. From Purisima
Redwoods to Point Reyes, the back roads of Half Moon Bay to the iconic Golden
Gate Bridge, you’ll find the perfect ride among 60 routes selected by outdoors
writer and avid biker Ann Marie Brown. Whether you’re a mountain biker or
a road cyclist, there’s a Bay Area ride in this book for you.
- Details on terrain, mileage, riding time, elevation gain, and level of difficulty
- Tips on equipment and clothing, rules of the road and trail, and bike maintenance
- Lists of best bike rides, including Best Rides for Families and Best Waterfront Rides
- Contact information for parks and bike shops throughout the Bay Area
- Precise driving directions to the start of each ride
- Up-to-date route maps and riding directions that highlight diversions
such as cafés, wineries, historic sites, vistas, and hiking trails
Published by Moon Outdoors/Avalon Travel Publishing.